Re: Can you help?

"nelly-knowall" <nelly-know-all@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:dg71sn$rbk$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thanks I have moved single files but if I move the whole of say microsoft
> office will it still work?

No it will not.

> "zekolas" <zekolas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> nelly-knowall wrote:
>>> I have noticed a 4k bad sector on my 4GB hard drive which is almost
>>> full.
>>> My disk also has a 4GB hard drive which is empty. I would like to
>>> remove
>>> the partition to allow me access to some badly needed space. I cannot
>>> do
>>> this via Partition Magic because of the bad sector. My question is: Is
>>> there any software out there I can use to repair? Or can I use my
>>> operating
>>> system WINXP PRO?
>>> I cannot at present afford to buy a new drive let alone a computer.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Why not just move some data to the empty partition, if you disk has bad
>> sectors, most of the time the rest will follow shortly

  • Re: Can you help?
    ... >> I have noticed a 4k bad sector on my 4GB hard drive which is almost full. ... >> My disk also has a 4GB hard drive which is empty. ... >> the partition to allow me access to some badly needed space. ... > Why not just move some data to the empty partition, ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: Change Tracks Per Sector on system Partition
    ... Sector to equal the Ending Sector. ... probably because of the Partition Table Index is different. ... disk backup in case the step fails. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: SortMerge avoids thrashing (was: Baileys "two pass" FFT algorithm question)
    ... of size that match the backing store to assure locality of reference. ... For RAM backed by disk, the key thing which takes the most time is ... you need to localize sector reads within that one ... Sweeps your RAM once when you load original data from disk. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: XP Pro Recovery Errors
    ... it turns out that the boot sector, sector 0, of my HDD failed to "read, write, or remove write-protection." ... Hard drives, when they have a problem with a sector, mark it as "pending". ... So if you do something to write to the disk, and write sector zero, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: FUD about CGD and GBDE
    ... > a sector that has been rewritten. ... zone, otherwise it would expose the remaining sectors is the zone. ... contents and regular data written to the disk by the user. ... > possible to determine this fairly quickly using traffic analysis. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)