Re: Sharing applications betweet Win2k and XP

stella_pigeon@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I wonder if there is a way to share the applications between Win2K and
> XP Pro installations which reside on the same partition.
>
> I have an older installation of Win2K with loads of applications. I
> have just installed an XP which ended up on the same disk - not by
> design but by the stupidity of the XP install which did not offer me
> the option of upgrading Win2k but decided to install XP "on the side"
> of the existing OS. In effect I ended up with "dual boot" machine with
> C:\WINNT storing Win2k and C:\WINDOWS storing XP.
>
> Other than that everything is untouched, namely C:\Program Files where
> most of my software is installed. Attempts to execute anu apps from
> there when I boot into XP are failing with the message "Application
> must be installed to run".

hmmm that's weird, most of my windows apps such as Vim and Maxthon
requires no installation at all and they would just run. Do all apps
give you the same error message??

  • Re: Win2K Restarting By Itself
    ... Bring it up in Safe Mode, then reboot and bring up in Normal Mode. ... where Win2K is installed but that didn't help me out. ... If this is a new installation, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Lets rebuild a Mac!
    ... years of fairly undisciplined software installation and general ... OS on one partition and the /Users home folders on another. ... The problem with this is how to manage applications. ... of the apps you've erased. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Win2K Restarting By Itself
    ... Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. ... If this is a new installation, ... manufacturer for any Windows 2000 updates you might need. ... can someone please mail me a copy of LSASS.EXE from Win2K ...