Sharing applications betweet Win2k and XP

I wonder if there is a way to share the applications between Win2K and
XP Pro installations which reside on the same partition.

I have an older installation of Win2K with loads of applications. I
have just installed an XP which ended up on the same disk - not by
design but by the stupidity of the XP install which did not offer me
the option of upgrading Win2k but decided to install XP "on the side"
of the existing OS. In effect I ended up with "dual boot" machine with
C:\WINNT storing Win2k and C:\WINDOWS storing XP.

Other than that everything is untouched, namely C:\Program Files where
most of my software is installed. Attempts to execute anu apps from
there when I boot into XP are failing with the message "Application
must be installed to run".

  • Re: Major issues with sharing violation error messages all the time!
    ... I tried to do an overlay install the second time believing ... Win2K can be in a home installation. ... I'm still left with the problem of the ID3 tags. ... I just bought an mp3 player so I'm moving MP3 files off of my back-up ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.new_user)
  • Re: Need some help with startup
    ... I have the Win2K Pro CD and I was ready to go but it won't start because of my shortage of bits and pieces. ... The partition I want to install on is NTFS. ... I had many boot discs but cannot find them at present, apart from one that two floppy drives were not able to read. ... I was trying to put the usual OS files on the 3rd partition because several attempts to load Win2K onto a blank NTFS partition failed. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Preferred VB COM Development Environment?
    ... applications under Windows 2003 or Windows XP? ... If we install VB.Net or Visual Studio 2005, ... So one can just use Win2k as the development box. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.com)
  • Re: Need some help with startup
    ... I have the Win2K Pro CD and I was ready to go but it won't start because of my shortage of bits and pieces. ... The partition I want to install on is NTFS. ... I had many boot discs but cannot find them at present, apart from one that two floppy drives were not able to read. ... I was trying to put the usual OS files on the 3rd partition because several attempts to load Win2K onto a blank NTFS partition failed. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Format Hard Disk
    ... So it's like that - the 2 files reside only in the boot partition.. ... As you suggested, I opened Command ... No problem....I don't intend to use the programs existing in Win2K. ... - Buy a 100 GByte disk and install it as a slave drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)