Mountain biker rescued from ravine after spill in San Rafael
- From: Mike Vandeman <mike.vandeman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 20:30:19 -0700 (PDT)
I wonder why the Marin Independent Journal doesn't want to tell the truth: she is a mountain biker, not a "bicyclist". I guess they don't want to give mountain bikers a bad name. I have been reading their posts for about 18 years, and they NEVER talk about the danger of mountain biking! I guess if they told the truth, parents wouldn't let their kids mountain bike.
Bicyclist rescued from ravine after spill in San Rafael
By Gary Klien
Marin Independent Journal marinij.com
Posted: 06/18/2012 05:31:57 PM PDT
A woman bicycling with her husband was injured Monday after falling about 75 feet into a ravine in San Rafael, fire officials said.
The incident occurred at about 2:50 p.m. on a trail near the Back Ranch Meadows Campground in China Camp State Park, said San Rafael fire Chief Chris Gray.
Firefighters called for a California Highway Patrol helicopter, which lifted the patient from the ravine and took her to an ambulance waiting on flat ground.
San Rafael fire Battalion Chief Jeffrey Buscher described the woman's injuries as minor to moderate. She was taken to Marin General Hospital for treatment.
- Prev by Date: How many more mountain bikers have to die, before we outlaw the sport?????
- Next by Date: "Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival offers muddy thrills"
- Previous by thread: How many more mountain bikers have to die, before we outlaw the sport?????
- Next by thread: "Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival offers muddy thrills"