Urge Obama to Keep National Park Service Rule Changes in Place
- From: SMS <scharf.steven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:13:46 -0800
I never thought I'd agree with anything George W. did during his presidency, but he's doing _one_ very good thing, at the very end of his presidency, to help the environment, and that's opening the National Parks to mountain biking if park managers determine that it can be done without damage to trails or wildlife.
About 30 properties managed by the NPS have trails for mountain biking, but prior to Bush planning to put into effect a rule change that would allow mountain biking on these trails in parks, it hasn't been legal to use these trails.
Since all the experts agree that mountain biking is no more destructive to trails and no more harmful to wildlife than hiking or horseback riding, it's about time that these rules were changed. In fact in many cases mountain biking is _less_ damaging than other types of trail usage.
In any case, the anti-environmentalists will probably try to get Obama to reverse Bush's changes, so it's important to write to Obama and urge him to let stand the rules changes.
- Prev by Date: Re: Sheep Poop Sickens Mountain Bikers; Mountain Bikers Sicken Everyone Else
- Next by Date: Re: Park Pre Scepter Comp
- Previous by thread: For/sale:brand New 2007 Bicycles With Free Bicycles Kit ,xmas Promo
- Next by thread: s'cuse me....