Re: Death to the derailleur

Bill S wrote:
CowPunk wrote:

Slack wrote:

You know it's gonna be the future... eventually. Seems like I've been
waiting for forever for them to come out and trickle down to xc bikes.
But I have no doubt, sooner or later the derailleur, as we now know it,
will be history.

Just scroll thru and checkout the pretty pictures:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97295

Looks like overcomplicated crap.
Hydrostatic drives are the next step.
http://www.powerengine.com/aitx001hydbiksum.htm

The real trend in bicycle technology is simplicity. 27 speed to 1 speed. The next step is getting rid of the pedals and pushing along the ground with your feet, circa 1817.

Next I want to build up a sweet velocipede!

Matt

  • Re: Death to the derailleur
    ... waiting for forever for them to come out and trickle down to xc bikes. ... But I have no doubt, sooner or later the derailleur, as we now know it, ...
    (alt.mountain-bike)
  • Re: Death to the derailleur
    ... waiting for forever for them to come out and trickle down to xc bikes. ... But I have no doubt, sooner or later the derailleur, as we now know it, ...
    (alt.mountain-bike)
  • Re: Death to the derailleur
    ... waiting for forever for them to come out and trickle down to xc bikes. ... But I have no doubt, sooner or later the derailleur, as we now know it, ...
    (alt.mountain-bike)
  • Re: Death to the derailleur
    ... waiting for forever for them to come out and trickle down to xc bikes. ... But I have no doubt, sooner or later the derailleur, as we now know it, ...
    (alt.mountain-bike)
  • Death to the derailleur
    ... Seems like I've been waiting for forever for them to come out and trickle down to xc bikes. ... Just scroll thru and checkout the pretty pictures: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97295 ...
    (alt.mountain-bike)