Re: Death to the derailleur
- From: MattB <somedudeus@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:10:29 -0600
Bill S wrote:
You know it's gonna be the future... eventually. Seems like I've been
waiting for forever for them to come out and trickle down to xc bikes.
But I have no doubt, sooner or later the derailleur, as we now know it,
will be history.
Just scroll thru and checkout the pretty pictures:
Looks like overcomplicated crap.
Hydrostatic drives are the next step.
The real trend in bicycle technology is simplicity. 27 speed to 1 speed. The next step is getting rid of the pedals and pushing along the ground with your feet, circa 1817.
Next I want to build up a sweet velocipede!
- Prev by Date: Re: RR: A Royal Mess
- Next by Date: Re: Ed Quillen of Salida
- Previous by thread: Re: Death to the derailleur
- Next by thread: Re: remote lockout