Re: First Dirt in My New Home
- From: Shawn <sdotherecurry@bresnannextdotnet>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:10:34 -0600
First things first, no laughing. I only did 7.14 miles today which was a big enough disappointment for me. Now the excuses...
1. First time on this trail and no one with me.
2. No lungs. Legs were fine but the lungs couldn't take it.
3. Damn water bars on the climbs.
White Ranch is a Denver standard fer sure. Definitely start at the bottom. The climb is a good (ahem) warm up. :-)
Had to laugh (and wince) at the picture of your bike standing in the rocks. I sliced my shin to the bone on one of those (bone headed maneuver, no pun intended).
Going down or up? I banged my elbow pretty hard (same one I hit nearly once a month) going up a water bar on Mustang, falling, and smacking it on a pointy rock (the only one in the vicinity of the water bar). I keep saying, I am not going to wear pads, but if this keeps up I may have to change that.
Who needs pads if ya got enough scar tissue ;-)
As I recall, I was moving toward the camera. There had been a shower so it was a little slick. I was trying to wheely over a rock, and went to far coming off the back of the bike. As I was trying to save the bike I slipped on a rock and got cut. Bonehead maneuver.
- Prev by Date: Ping MattB, Shawn (CO Boys)
- Next by Date: hand problems
- Previous by thread: Re: First Dirt in My New Home
- Next by thread: Re: First Dirt in My New Home