Re: My current dangerous medical condition of which fibromyalgia is a semi-bit player

On Apr 4, 9:07 am, Michael B <baugh...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reason I asked is that many (actually, most) people go
in, have their thyroid function assessed, get told that it's
low, get put on a synthetic, and can then count on a long
duration of paying the doctor to send the kids to medical
school.
HOWEVER, thyroid supplementation is NOT to be done
with co-existant adrenal dysfunction.
So I certainly endorse the more holistic approach, but
the doctor most likely to do that is an osteopathic physician.
After taking medical boards with the M.D. candidates, they
take another, extremely rigorous, set of boards to be able
to get their D.O. title.

Michael,

In my case thyroid is normal. Also, I told my chiropractor
and medical doctor that I suffer from adrenal exhaustion;
not that they told me that. They agree with my evaluation,
which also includes some fibromyalgia.

So, at length I have decided to treat myself. I can do
this because I am naturopathically trained. I continue
to see my chiropractor regularly; I will see my medical
doctor again six weeks from now. I continue to focus
on diet and exercise.

Thanks for everything,
David Christainsen

  • Re: Mom is in distress
    ... small as a thyroid deficiency. ... It is hard for the caregivers but it is part of life. ... that way, to prolong, prolong, prolong, a process that should be allowed ... If she is really and truly nearing death, a doctor ...
    (soc.senior.issues)
  • Re: thyroid problems
    ... > lost weight in difficult areas such as abdomen (keep in mind, ... > allergy symptoms were almost non-existent ... noticing that my thyroid was enlarged. ... I finally went to a different doctor who could see and feel the problem, ...
    (sci.med)
  • Re: Problems getting diagnosed if you have FMS???
    ... do me a favor I'm still not on my desktop and setup and this laptop is ... quirky and the new laptop is not fully setup. ... be demanding to know how the doctor had verified that the ... I told you it wasn't your thyroid". ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: Effing nutritionist
    ... doctor, preferably an endo, before the proactive patient. ... All my life I have been borderline hypothyroid. ... I had my thyroid gland removed due to throat cancer surgery almost 20 years ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Low testosterone and low thyroid
    ... With thyroid replacement pills, my doctor finally has my ... Going to check DHEA next. ... between 300 ng/dl and 1000 ng/dl, but no one can say where in that ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)