Re: Last Day of Hannukah

And, pray tell where can I find matzah meal in a grocery store? :-) They
really sound very good. Nanny
"johnie" <jhugh@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
Oh but annie, if they are not home made...preferably with your mama's
loving hands then they aren't really latkes>g< and Nanny be sure to use
matzah meal for your batter.

johnie

annie wrote:
hi
i was raised jewish although i am now catholic...i still love latkes<g>
they are potato pancakes...u can even buy them in the store in the
freezer section..or in boxes ready to make usually in an ethnic foods
section of the supermarket...(making them all yourself means grating
potatoes and onions for ever..tried it once..never again!!)
they are delicious with applesauce or sour cream....oh..u can get
potato pancakes at most pancake places(ihop etc)...
now i am getting hungry...<G>
annie
Nanny wrote:
Not being Jewish, what are latkes? Curious minds need to know ;-)
Nanny