Re: Dr. hesitant to diagnose me

VooDew5@xxxxxxx (Oxxy Oxbourne) wrote in

My question: What type of M.D. does one go to in order to be
diagnosed with fibromyalgia or other chronic pain problems...

No surprise, but the American College of Rheumatology says:

Fibromyalgia is not a form of arthritis (joint disease) and
does not cause inflammation or damage to joints, muscles or
other tissues. However, because fibromyalgia can cause
chronic pain and fatigue similar to arthritis, it may be
thought of as a rheumatic condition. As a result, it is often
the rheumatologist who makes the diagnosis (and rules out
other rheumatic diseases), but your primary care physician
can provide care and treatment for fibromyalgia.