Re: Is there a better way of searching Ebay?

Can anyone recommend some websites that make searching Ebay better? Ebay, upon their revision to the Playground a few months ago elected to reduce the maximum number of characters in the Find box. So its really bad now. I tried searching from the Address Bar but the same number of characters apply. Is there a better way? (Ebay's Advanced Search is not a solution for this.)

Lets pick a really difficult item - one with a tremendous supply that we want to filter. Ipod. I'll select a model, then I may filter a color or two, I might require a minimum storage size, a certain age requirement, and I'll try to filter out as many broken ones that are being sold for parts as possible. So the search string could be very long. Way longer than Ebay will every allow. Like I said, a difficult item to search for if you really are focused on getting a good deal.

Why would anyone want to buy an iPod on eBay?

Its just an example of something difficult to search for.

Sequence: lowest price first
Check "search descriptions"

Ipod model (pink, blue) -used -parts

The hundreds of results you're going to get, have nothing to do
with any ineffectiveness of eBay's search. It's that everyone and
his dog are listing these things.
Kris

Kris, I was at this level on the second hour on Ebay. Sorry to come across as a beginner. I kind of live on this website. The key to extracting deals on Ebay is negative filtering. And that requires very long search strings. And that's why Ebay's Find search box doesn't work.

  • Re: Is there a better way of searching Ebay?
    ... Ebay, upon their revision to the Playground a few months ago elected to reduce the maximum number of characters in the Find box. ... Google is interesting as you can customize your search but not in the same way as Ebay. ... I'll select a model, then I may filter a color or two, I might require a minimum storage size, a certain age requirement, and I'll try to filter out as many broken ones that are being sold for parts as possible. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Is there a better way of searching Ebay?
    ... Ebay, upon their revision to the Playground a few months ago elected to reduce the maximum number of characters in the Find box. ... Google is interesting as you can customize your search but not in the same way as Ebay. ... I'll select a model, then I may filter a color or two, I might require a minimum storage size, a certain age requirement, and I'll try to filter out as many broken ones that are being sold for parts as possible. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: RO/DI unit
    ... > Are you trying to convince me that Marcs filter is not the most expensive ... Your Ebay auction cited essentially a "big-box" store... ... I can _very_ safely bet that Marc values his repuation on this ... > membrane manufacturer in KENTs or Marcs filter? ...
    (rec.aquaria.marine.reefs)
  • Re: Canadian (preferentially) or American used Mac sites.
    ... Ebay is getting retarded as far as used Mac pricing is concerned. ... Never specify But it Now. ... cast your net wide then filter the results. ... Not as many people to frantically bid up the price at the last few ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Audio Op Amp power
    ... I need to filter the input and amplify it. ... For example, the Creative USB Sound Blaster, Audigy 2 NX, ... You can get used ones on eBay for $40 to $70. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)