Re: Error Code 204 Forbidden Words

On Tue, 26 May 2009 19:50:14 -0700, "W" <persistentone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

We have auctions prototyped in Auctive Pro Desktop, and when we went to list
one of these recently we get an error code 204 from eBay that says in effect
our auction contains forbidden words. Unfortunately, the error message
doesn't say which words are forbidden.

We contact Auctiva, and they were really not much help. Does anyone know
of an eBay page that discusses which words are not allowed to appear in
auctions, so we can scan for those?

"check" "money order" are two (three!) words to look for.

  • Re: Error Code 204 Forbidden Words
    ... one of these recently we get an error code 204 from eBay that says in effect ... our auction contains forbidden words. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Error Code 204 Forbidden Words
    ... The auction text in question has not changed in four years. ... Auctiva suggested that eBay might have gone beyond swear words and now might ... policy terms than a forbidden word perse. ... one of these recently we get an error code 204 from eBay that says in ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Nigeria - Update
    ... auction for the PSP... ... email I received from eBay before posting this)... ... fraudulent account. ... I sent a tracking number to the buyer, ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Nigeria - Happened Again!