Why is Google checkout not accepted on ebay?

I tried Google checkout recently. It is actually much more convenient than paypal.

It is also as secure as any other payment system.

So why is eBay keeping such a convenient service away from its users?

Could it be, perhaps, that they keep such a valuable service away
from users to fatten their wallets with paypal fees?

And why are they saying that Google Checkout is unsafe?

Could eBay possibly be lying?
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

  • Re: ~article~ eBay bans Google Checkout
    ... eBay has banned its customers from using Google Checkout, ... its accepted payments policy. ... So why don't google start an ebay type system? ... I believe Gbuy was the rumored upcoming service that turned out to be ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Why is Google checkout not accepted on ebay?
    ... So why is eBay keeping such a convenient service away from its users? ... Could it be, perhaps, that they keep such a valuable service away ... And why are they saying that Google Checkout is unsafe? ... Show me where they specifically say that Google Checkout is unsafe. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Google vs. EBay: Whos Gonna Pay?
    ... Unless eBay decides to allow Google Checkout and unless every eBay seller ... gets a merchant account it is a non-issue. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: eBay bans Google Checkout
    ... Google's recently launched online payments service, Google Checkout, in a ... Maybe time to get the Office of Fair Trading and Trading Standards ... How strange though....Nochex has always been acceptable on Ebay:-/ ... Payment Services permitted on eBay: ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)