Why is Google checkout not accepted on ebay?

I tried Google checkout recently. It is actually much more convenient than paypal.

It is also as secure as any other payment system.

So why is eBay keeping such a convenient service away from its users?

Could it be, perhaps, that they keep such a valuable service away
from users to fatten their wallets with paypal fees?

And why are they saying that Google Checkout is unsafe?

Could eBay possibly be lying?
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
.