What Will Happen?

Awhile ago I posted something to sell on ebay. I've only sold one
thing on ebay a few years ago, which was a successful transaction. In
the meantime, I've bought quite a few things all with no problem.

THe other day I posted something and I posted it incorrectly without a
reserve. I didn't realize the item closed for a ridiculously low
amount, so basically I was making $1 on the item. The total amount
was $12.

Immediately upon my receipt of the ebay email notifying me that the
item had been sold, I emailed the buyer and explained my problem (in a
very nice way I might add) and hoped they would understand if I didn't
want to sell the item. I received no response and thought perhaps
everything was fine.

Two weeks later I received an email from paypal saying the buyer had
paid for the item. So I emailed the buyer again explaining the issue
I was having and I immediately, that same day, refunded their money.

Today I received a nasty email stating they were going to report me to
ebay. It's unbelievable to me that someone would do this over a small
item.

Does anyone know what the ramifications of this will be to me?

  • Re: dear abby
    ... reserve and sell on ebay it was then sold through other means. ... The VP candidate didn't lie about the airplane, ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)
  • Re: Dispute With a Buyer
    ... I recently sold a second hand mobile phone on eBay and I described it 'as ... quick payment - I was confident that the buyer would like the phone. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Dispute With a Buyer
    ... I recently sold a second hand mobile phone on eBay and I described it 'as ... payment - I was confident that the buyer would like the phone. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Camco set questions Value?
    ... I sold my old minivan, a couple of drumsets, cymbals, guitars, P.A. ... it seems to be more the rule than the exception on the NYC Craigslist. ... Ebay has a shortage ... buyer to pay cash is a definite plus for both you *and* the buyer. ...
    (rec.music.makers.percussion)
  • Re: Wrinkle in Time - 1st Edition Value?
    ... My Dad has a copy of this in his library and I'd like to sell ... > copy that I had not seen before, the one sold by Wonder Book. ... only seeing "hopeful" prices. ... - You want to sell it on eBay? ...
    (rec.collecting.books)