Re: Is my buyer a crook?
- From: "Gini" <gini@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:40:51 GMT
Do you think the buyer is scamming me?
Should I change my username? My password?
My thong? I'm worried that he might do
a charge back.
You should e-mail the buyer immediately. If he doesn't respond
within an hour, e-mail him again. Keep e-mailing him until he
responds. Make sure you're very clear in your communication with
him; ask him up front "ARE YOU SCAMING ME?" Use all caps and only
one "M" in scamming, for brevity.
Thanks! And thanks for the tip on brevity.
Do you think it would also help if I used
"R U a Scamer" to make it even more brief?
As long as you add no fewer than 5 question marks at the end. Otherwise,
they'll think the question is rhetorical (and they might have a point).
- Prev by Date: Re: Is my buyer a crook?
- Next by Date: Re: Why I don't ship outside of the USA anymore
- Previous by thread: Re: Is my buyer a crook?
- Next by thread: Re: Is my buyer a crook?