Re: attn PV if he's still around.
- From: Steve Walker <fusion640@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 09:51:02 -0500
Yeah, this is a really neat concept.
Most of us were under the impression that compressed air was just too
expensive, but apparently it can store electrical energy with theoretical
100% efficiency, just as with a motor-compressed spring (some ratchet/pawl
iow, compressed air is ess'ly just a spring.
Why waste time in converting the energy? Direct drive the compressor from hydroelectric turbines,keep refilling the tanks until you run out of tanks. Hydroelectric stations rarely use all their input power (water flow) to generate electricity. What water is not needed (when demand is lower) is bypassed and dumped. I'll bet you could compress a lot of air with those suckers.
Fusion640@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (remove brain when replying)
- Prev by Date: Re: Air-powered cars..... Re: attn PV if he's still around.
- Next by Date: Re: mastercam update...
- Previous by thread: Re: Air-powered cars..... Re: attn PV if he's still around.
- Next by thread: Re: attn PV if he's still around.