Pioneer Tool Holders

To All:

Stopped by the ol' shop today (Bosses birthday).

Anyway, they've been using some trick tool holders. A few were first tried on their new 15,000 RPM Fadal, but they were so good that they got a bunch for all the machines, even some in HSK for the Makino.

www.gohpi.com/HPIPIONEER2010200DPI.pdf

Scroll down to page 7 MX Mini Chuck. As you can see, the shallow taper collet is held by a screw from the retention knob side. Talking to the guys, these have very little run out and don't vibrate at 15k. They are great for tiny end mills where runout can kill them. I mean the Pioneer Ad copy says all that, but who can put unlimited faith in ads.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

  • Re: Well I finally got that new electric, but what? Critiques please...
    ... plenty of people playing Squiers and Epiphones who don't care what ... I went into a small shop for my birthday for strings for my accoustic ... the Druid of Peace ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: what did turning 50 mean to you?
    ... As various milestone birthdays had come around among my colleagues during the school year, I had been amused as they had been celebrated with black crepe and humerous signs, knowing that I was secure in that my birthday occurred in the Summer, when school was out. ... my son-in-law announced that he was in the market for a new stereo system and wanted my input. ... We surveyed every high end system in the shop, and I didn't suspect anything when he didn't actually buy anything. ... One of my daughters and her best friend met me at the door dressed in widow's weeds, and naturally, all of my colleagues were there, joyfully celebrating my increase in age. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: TODAY is Barb Schallers Birthday
    ... celebrating 65 years of joy and wonder. ... Shop early and shop often. ... Or cash. ... Happy Birthday Barb. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Arsene Wenger Begins Mind Games With His Teams Fans
    ... for you for your birthday, hon, that you *really* would have liked, ... but it was too expensive at the shop where I was able to locate one in ... knowing that it would fund a drastic team change possibly ...
    (rec.sport.soccer)