OT :Transparent Parts??
- From: Just Me <mutantmachinist@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 16:32:13 -0700 (PDT)
I have a customer whose mech engineer want to make some of their
product bodies transparent for display purposes.The part is usually
6061 and is a gearbox assm about a 6in cube.My thought was plexiglass
or lexan,relatively easy to machine and I'm told not too hard to get
most of the tool marks out of.I'm told an acetone mist works,but not
having done it I'm open to new knowledge.If anybody has some different
input I'm listening.
- Prev by Date: Re: Dualsaw - any comments?
- Next by Date: Re: OT :Transparent Parts??
- Previous by thread: Re: MPG
- Next by thread: Re: OT :Transparent Parts??