Re: Reason Criterion Square Boring Head Exists?
- From: "Brother Lightfoot" <nope@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 08:21:54 -0700
<brewertr@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sun, 10 May 2009 13:18:30 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
What is the reason for the square boring head that Criterion makes?
What advantage does it have over the round Criterion boring head?
San Diego, CA
You mean other than range, bar holder positions and versatility?
Put the two of them side by side, what's the difference?
Item #4 is the hint, three set screws equals three tool positions.
http://www.criterionmachineworks.com/ look at the tool
Turn the cutting edge 180° and what do you think can happen?
(Not criterion but you should get the idea.)
You now have an OD Turning tool.
Just be sure and use a rh boring tool or else the shank might come unscrewed
from the head
- Prev by Date: Re: OT Pelosi is going down
- Next by Date: Re: Metal Finishing Questions
- Previous by thread: Re: Boring Head, make it yourself using manual lathe and mill
- Next by thread: Re: Reason Criterion Square Boring Head Exists?