Re: quick poll - american cars
- From: Kirk Gordon <kg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 02:29:04 -0400
Matt Stawicki wrote:
On Fri, 08 May 2009 20:46:55 -0400, Kirk Gordon <kg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm not quite that old. A '63 Plymouth Valliant probably cost around $1,500 or $1600 new. I bought one in 1970 for $125. My '64 Plmouth Fury cost me $350 in 72. My first really good car was a '69 Dodge Dart, that I think I bought in '74 for $650.
And gas was almost always over 30 cents.
Worked in a gas station, junior year HS. Remember how pissed off
people were when we raised the price to 50 cents. Full service station. Always washed the windshield, and offered to
check the oil. Also checked coolant, washer fluid, tire pressure when
LOL! After raising the price to 50 cents, we'd ask if they wanted us
to check the oil - "Damn right you're going to check my oil! You can
check my water, air, and wash ALL the windows! I'm gonna get my
Sounds very familiar. I remember once asking a rather buzzed looking long-hair if he'd like me to check under the hood. He said. "Don't worry about it, man. I'm pretty sure it's still there."
- Prev by Date: Re: Metal Finishing Questions
- Next by Date: Re: Metal Finishing Questions
- Previous by thread: Re: quick poll - american cars
- Next by thread: Re: quick poll - american cars