Re: Can you Evolve beyond Belief ?
- From: "P" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:43:58 -0500
"Darrell Stec" <darstec@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Rogers seems to be under the impression that the bible contains prophecy.
Well, that is easy considering all those verses were written after the
fact, or were so vague as any future event could be made to fit.
He forgets that the gospel authors have Jesus predicting the end of the
world before some of the people he was talking to died. Modern
archaeological studies in the ancient Middle East in and around Israel
during the first century CE the average age of the cemetery resident was
about 22 for men and 24 for women. That means that Jesus was already over
the age of majority at 30 and his followers of the same age were really
pushing the boundaries. In other words the gospel writers expected the
of the world in the very near future. So much for prophecy if their god
couldn't predict the future.
we shall see what we shall see!
- Prev by Date: Re: Can you Evolve beyond Belief ?
- Next by Date: Re: Fanul, Fadal Haas Controls - what is up with this?
- Previous by thread: Re: Can you Evolve beyond Belief ?
- Next by thread: Re: Can you Evolve beyond Belief ?