Re: Another on topic post.. looking for new VMC

D Murphy <spamto154@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

Cliff <Clhuprich@xxxxxxx> wrote in
news:gu6pd4tpb6kdmpksro4oteoen3koh0f0l1@ 4ax.com:

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:16:39 -0500, VFP <egad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

More importantly to
us is that the Fanuc is about 4K less the Fadal control.

Did you price all the $$ options $$?

Someone that knows what they are doing would price only the options
they need, not all of them.

Fadal loads up the control with most of the options, and I am sure they get
a good price on that. I added a couple more, 4th axis, and ethernet, the
local rep added the Advanced 0iMC control package into their package. So
there wasn't much to add to the control as far as options.

Hardware wise we added the Fadal 4th axis rotary drive, chip conveyor and
tool and part probing. All other hardware options, coolant thru spindle,
extended z axis, 24 pos DATC, 10K spindle was added to the package by the
dealer at a price not much above the base price. Oh and added a year to the
machine warrenty.

I think we are getting a nice machine at a good price that should expand
our available services and hopefully barring stupidity on my part will last
us a good long while.

Thanks for all the comments

Von

  • Re: What Is The Goal?
    ... A single payer plan which is tax based would reduce the cost for most. ... What I believe is that whenever "someone" else pays for the cost of ANYTHING that we need or want, we have taken the rationing decision out of the hands of the person who needs or wants that product or service, and gave that decision to the one paying the bill. ... The basic reason why government rations care, is to keep control of their cost growth. ... Under the current system, YOU never get to control the price, since you are paying for the profit of a non-essential middleman. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Zimbabwe - Pol Pot Revisited
    ... Zimbabwe suddenly looks like it has been in a war. ... In a week of frenzied activity the price of the US dollar went from about ... them are now under the control of either the State or Zanu PF elements who ... control the vote in these areas by these means. ...
    (soc.culture.zimbabwe)
  • Re: Another on topic post.. looking for new VMC
    ... Someone that knows what they are doing would price only the options ... Fadal loads up the control with most of the options, and I am sure they get ... I added a couple more, 4th axis, and ethernet, the ... local rep added the Advanced 0iMC control package into their package. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: DIY DDS Function Generator or Not
    ... you can get one at a better price simply by ... recent ones that got bid on selling for that ... The main work would be writing the control software for the PC. ... Which DDS chip are you using? ...
    (sci.electronics.design)