Re: Shop Health Insurance

kinzie wrote:
BottleBob wrote:
To All:

Has the rate your shop pays for employee medical insurance risen recently?

Our carrier (Pacific Care) raised it's rates by something like 29%.

HealthNet here. PPO. They went up about 17%. Like BD I chose the higher deductible/out-of-pocket to keep the monthly rate down. I LOATH HMO "primary care" plans. My last time with that setup (over ten years ago) was a "primary care" doctor who prescribed skin cream for my obvious Basil Cell skin cancer. He insisted the insurance company wanted him to try it first.

I know we all hear this but... the cheapest insurance includes diet and exercise (I know it sounds soooo simple). Then again, I offset my good health with trips to the Kern for whitewater kayaking and mountain biking. <g>

Bill:

Skin cancer? Yikes! Too much sun from all that kayaking and mountain biking?
Good thing all my years of street racing was mostly done at night. <g>

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

  • Re: Shop Health Insurance
    ... Our carrier (Pacific Care) raised it's rates by something like 29%. ... HealthNet here. ... My last time with that setup was a "primary care" doctor who prescribed skin cream for my obvious Basil Cell skin cancer. ... He insisted the insurance company wanted him to try it first. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: The New Uninsured
    ... If you want to be treated like an adult, don't dpend on someone else to take care of you, take care of yourself. ... Many People Who Have Lost Their Jobs In the Deepening Recession Find Getting Health Care Is Something of a Lottery ... and 45 county residents who lack health insurance and money to pay for medical care are competing for 30 openings on a cold afternoon in January. ... Neither rich nor poor, this group doesn't readily qualify for public programs such as Medicaid but often can't afford to buy insurance or pay hospital, doctor and drug bills. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: (OT) We are on the *precipice* of health care reform!
    ... care and let's start paying the low, ... First, I am saying profit on the insurance, not the services. ... administrative costs to the private sector. ... medicare & medicaid have on hospitals, it may suprise you, or not. ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • CLASS(less)
    ... Protection and Affordable Care Act is badly misnamed. ... CLASS is an insurance program offered by the federal ... Health Service Act as contained Section 8002 of the Patient Protection ... reviewed the CLASS program and estimated its monthly premium. ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: I Will Garnish Your Wages
    ... refuse to buy health insurance to achieve coverage for all Americans. ... better off with Federally run medical care rather than Corporate run ... We have a coverage problem that strikes 8% of our population. ... why you didn't see federal health care advanced by any major candidate. ...
    (soc.retirement)