Re: On topic- rigid tapping ?

clay <a_design@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:zc2Rj.2234$Cn4.545@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

How do I determine/test if my VMC has rigid tapping? 86 Mori Seiki
MV-JR/Yasnac MX2 control. The Helical interpolation option is installed.
does someone have a code snippet I can run as a test?

Don't know what MX2 expects.
Fanuc likes this:
M29 = orient spindle
G99 G84 Z5.51 R6.71 F4.1667

And if I want to thread mill, is rigid tapping required?

No, just need helical inerpolation, which say you have.

--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

  • On topic- rigid tapping ?
    ... 86 Mori Seiki MV-JR/Yasnac MX2 control. ... The Helical interpolation option is installed. ... does someone have a code snippet I can run as a test? ... And if I want to thread mill, is rigid tapping required? ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: On topic- rigid tapping ?
    ... The Helical interpolation option is installed. ... does someone have a code snippet I can run as a test? ... The G93 puts the machine in IPR (Inches Per Rev) mode ... A bit confusing because G93 puts a Fanuc into inverse time ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)