Re: Dinosaur Machines, Tooling, Etc.

On Feb 16, 10:18 am, jon_banquer <jon_banq...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 16, 8:50 am, Wayne Weedon <wa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BottleBob wrote:
To All:

Does your shop have any Dinosaur machines, tooling, or whatnot that
still makes a profit for you? I'd like to hear of some choice examples.

A few.

My Astra 5C 2nd OP machine. Like a rough copy of a Hardinge DSM59.
It gets used for all sorts of things while the CNC's are running. Like
running threads with a diebox on a few thousand studs this week. It's
much quicker than my cnc's. Also keeps me fairly fit!!

My Studer OB cylindrical grinder. Looks like a dog, sits in a corner
taking up no real room, but handles very tight limits (+- 0.002mm) on
some tapered glass forming mandrels I do for a glasstube flowmeter
manufacturer a few times a year. This work is well paid but
infrequent. BUT I get much more stock work out of them because we pull
out the stops to make these when they need replacing.

Of course a Bridgeport turret mill. Almost always setup for tapping
jobs run on the cnc's I KNOW I could tap on the cnc's! I hate being
idle waiting for cycles to finish. It gets used for other stuff too.

Wayne.....

WeedWhacker forgot to list:

OneCNC XR2.

Jon Banquer
San Diego,CA

And yet he still manages to be more successful than you'll EVER be.
Wayne must be a programming GOD!

  • Re: OT:: I need Ideas for e-commerce
    ... > This post is a little out of sorts for the forum, ... > business people are in the poker world. ... According to ebay Pulse the most popular ... You generally pay about 10-20% of RRP so there is good profit ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: quiz resources
    ... >I've put together a load of resources for a scout quiz. ... All sorts of ... Always with an eye to a profit, someone with access could provide a service! ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)