Re: MMS Online Alternate Toolpath Article

On Feb 1, 7:08 am, jon_banquer <jon_banq...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That seems like an odd comment coming from a machinist. Most
machinists I know tend to be envelope pushers.

And you know this from working in the same shop for what 10 or more
years?

Most machinists are not envelope pushers.

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA

I think the machinists YOU come across are a lot different than the
actual <skilled> machinists that Bob works with. It would take some
extremely clueless management to actually hire a person as full of
shit as yourself to do anything more than push a button. Your
employment record shows that.

Lucky for me I have a very good bullshit meter, and your interview
would be over the instant you started babbling about the need for a
new seamless unified hybrid modeling kernel with C2 surfacing, so we
could have full graphical control over the toolpath with proper tools
for dragging and dropping work coordinates systems while programming
the budget horizontal machining center with pallet pool.

Then again, there never would have been an interview, because I would
have put your resume in the round file as soon as I saw how many
different shops you've worked in over the last 4-5 years.

  • Re: Does Anyone in Los Angeles Know This Guy?
    ... Hire two machinists at $10/Hr each & that leaves almost ... Add two more shifts & he gets $300,000/Yr. ... And nobody claimed this shop was good for the buck. ... going to keep them at these low pay rates and you can't pay more with ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Does Anyone in Los Angeles Know This Guy?
    ... Hire two machinists at $10/Hr each & that leaves almost ... Auto/Truck, Phone, Internet, Office Equipment & Supplies, Shop ... going to keep them at these low pay rates and you can't pay more with ... He won't get production runs because with manual machines he can't ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Survey: Does Your Shop Do Any 3D Surfacing?
    ... I think your shop, like many shops, doesn't know how to grow ... As far as keeping machinists, there is very little machinist turnover ... Can SolidWorks alone machine parts? ... as much as Gibbs and have the disadvantage of being new and untested. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Fathers Work
    ... mechanical abilities transfer to those in here that are machinists, shop ... owners, engineers, whatever. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Seeking CNC Machinist-Poughkeepsie, NY area
    ... since I'm trying to find help in my shop. ... considering the fact that this country is loosing skilled machinists ... Job shops owners in San Diego have exactly the same problem you have. ... Lets see now Jon all the Job shop owners you know are like what you ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)