Re: Gibbscam is no more

"Cliff" <Clhuprich@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:m34sn311tbh22bsii2dh0mhrmue0vomqq8@xxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 20:53:48 -0500, "vinny" <friggenbozo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't remember the bells and whistles, but it cut suuweet. Had a lot
of
things nobody else had at the time, mainly trimming trimmed surfs. Back
then
nobody could trim a trimmed surf. It had the sweetest vector direction
length thing in the world. Want to add some surf on the end of another,
for
a check surf area or to extend the cut a bit, click a point, type in an
amount, then type in an angle, or click lines, etc... to get direction,
or
free hand it, And you get a visable arrow in the sweetest graphics Ive
ever
seen.... and bam, simple surf extend.

Not unusual. Trimming is just a bounding curve on an existing parametric
surface (U&V between 0 & 1 inclusive). The base surface can be extended
beyond that interval, usually, but runs the risk of becoming degenerate or
developing singularities or becoming self-intersecting.

its a nurbs thing.
The way camax got around it was it would make a new surface from the
trimmed boundries, then hide the trimmed surf. That way it would seem like
you could trim the surface more than once.
I remember there would be lots of trimmed surfs blanked. But it didnt slow
the thing down.

  • Re: Gibbscam is no more
    ... amount, then type in an angle, or click lines, etc... ... then hide the trimmed surf. ... not usually lay on the original surface 100%. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Polar 3D plot
    ... I have some data generated from a ray tracer that is organised ... Currently I plot this using the surf() function and it produces ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Gibbscam is no more
    ... trimmed boundries, then hide the trimmed surf. ... They were probably keeping the original parent surface or copies ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)