Re: Gibbscam is no more

mattwsmach@xxxxxxx wrote:
Link :

http://www.proe.com/news_full.php?cpfeatureid=25209&id=223202

So what might the new combined product be called?

Gibbsatron

CimaGibbs

It might be an excellent merger for Gibbs users (I'm one, of probably only 2 or 3 in the group), and insert some new life into Gibbs while still retaining the ability to run years worth of archived Gibbs' part programs.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if the next maintenance go-round may have a healthy increase in the price tag.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

  • Re: Gibbscam is no more
    ... Gibbs while still retaining the ability to run years worth of ... look at the mastercam / ideas / camax merger purchase thing. ... nobody could trim a trimmed surf. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Gibbscam is no more
    ... Gibbs while still retaining the ability to run years worth of ... look at the mastercam / ideas / camax merger purchase thing. ... I bought a seat of Cim Linc, a Sparc and got about cutting cavities. ... I think the intelligence is in the CNC programmer operator ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Gibbscam is no more
    ... Gibbs while still retaining the ability to run years worth of ... look at the mastercam / ideas / camax merger purchase thing. ... I bought a seat of Cim Linc, a Sparc and got about cutting cavities. ... Well OK John, but - Cim Linc was a brand. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Gibbscam is no more
    ... Gibbs while still retaining the ability to run years worth of ... look at the mastercam / ideas / camax merger purchase thing. ... I bought a seat of Cim Linc, a Sparc and got about cutting cavities. ... The next link is CAD/CAM to the CNC Controller. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Gibbscam is no more
    ... Gibbs while still retaining the ability to run years worth of ... look at the mastercam / ideas / camax merger purchase thing. ... There is nothing to look at Vinny. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)