Re: Gibbscam is no more

"John R. Carroll" <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Smefj.2769$pr6.1820@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BottleBob wrote:
mattwsmach@xxxxxxx wrote:
Link :

http://www.proe.com/news_full.php?cpfeatureid=25209&id=223202

So what might the new combined product be called?

Gibbsatron

CimaGibbs

It might be an excellent merger for Gibbs users (I'm one, of probably
only 2 or 3 in the group), and insert some new life into Gibbs while
still retaining the ability to run years worth of archived Gibbs' part
programs.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if the next maintenance go-round may have
a healthy increase in the price tag.

That will depend a great deal on their plans for the merged companies.
They might work on the Gibbs product if they want to broaden their base.
They will keep the existing Gibbs development staff on line if this is the
case.

They might also try and substitute the Cimatron product. There won't be a
Gibbs development staff if this happens, or even a Gibbs product. They
will
have made this aquisition for access to the installed base as SDRC did
with
SmartCam.

In any event, as a Gibbs customer you ought to be recieving some sort of
notification and offer that might be pretty reasonable to get current.
They'd generate both cash and good will while buying a little time with
such
a strategy.

look at the mastercam / ideas / camax merger purchase thing.
Ruined all three products.

  • Re: Gibbscam is no more
    ... Gibbs while still retaining the ability to run years worth of ... look at the mastercam / ideas / camax merger purchase thing. ... nobody could trim a trimmed surf. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Gibbscam is no more
    ... Gibbs while still retaining the ability to run years worth of ... look at the mastercam / ideas / camax merger purchase thing. ... I bought a seat of Cim Linc, a Sparc and got about cutting cavities. ... I think the intelligence is in the CNC programmer operator ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Gibbscam is no more
    ... Gibbs while still retaining the ability to run years worth of ... look at the mastercam / ideas / camax merger purchase thing. ... I bought a seat of Cim Linc, a Sparc and got about cutting cavities. ... Well OK John, but - Cim Linc was a brand. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Gibbscam is no more
    ... Gibbs while still retaining the ability to run years worth of ... look at the mastercam / ideas / camax merger purchase thing. ... I bought a seat of Cim Linc, a Sparc and got about cutting cavities. ... The next link is CAD/CAM to the CNC Controller. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Gibbscam is no more
    ... Gibbs while still retaining the ability to run years worth of ... look at the mastercam / ideas / camax merger purchase thing. ... There is nothing to look at Vinny. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)