Okuma OSP5020M spindle problems

Hi,

I am having problems with Okuma VR40-II machining center machine has OSP5020M controller + Okuma VAC III spindle drive. Problem is following:

If I input Spindle RPM's (manually MDI or auto) Cycle and STM lights come up but no spindle rotation, no alarms on controller or Spindle drive unit. If I wait few minutes spindle may suddenly start to rotate. No orientation on tool change either. Any ideas what might be wrong? This problem came today during machine use. So its no user fault.

Tero

  • Re: Okuma OSP5020M spindle problems
    ... I am having problems with Okuma VR40-II machining center machine has OSP5020M controller + Okuma VAC III spindle drive. ... If I input Spindle RPM's Cycle and STM lights come up but no spindle rotation, no alarms on controller or Spindle drive unit. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Dave B... - Re: Yasnac controller shutting down????????????/
    ... Is the spindle speed fully programmable, ... Or does it a have a programmable speed-step increment controlled by a small motor driving a vari-speed pulley system? ... with a Yasnac 3000G controller. ... Then I push the spindle START button on the mill and the ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: one button poll
    ... you know so that you orient and perhaps lock the spindle. ... viewer the shape of safety goggles, sticking out of the controller. ... Basically a verifyer, ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: one button poll
    ... you know so that you orient and perhaps lock the spindle. ... viewer the shape of safety goggles, sticking out of the controller. ... Basically a verifyer, ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Dave B... - Re: Yasnac controller shutting down????????????/
    ... The machine is a Shizuoka Mill Master AN-S ... with a Yasnac 3000G controller. ... Then I push the spindle START button on the mill and the ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)