Re: Case study HSMworks vs. Mastercam
- From: jon_banquer <jon_banquer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 17:11:11 -0700
"correction, I dont program in solids in mastercam so I dont know how
good it is at anything using solids, especially chain selecting."
Suggest you fire up Mastercam X2 on your notebook and import a
SolidWorks model into Mastercam X2 and start chaining the solid for
toolpath. It should not take you very long to see how Mastercam X2 has
to be told what to chain. SolidWorks / HSMWorks never has to be told
what to chain! If you want a face you pick it. If you want an edge you
pick it. If you want a curve you pick it. In Mastercam X2 you must
tell Mastercam X2 what you want. Totally ridiculous and a waste of
"If mastercam solids cant differentiate between a face and an edge
than your point is valid. I just don't know myself."
See above! Then suggest you find Bill's posts about this. He just
posted about this in the last week or so. Before that he made his
position known on the e-mastercam forum. Do a search or ask and I will
find his posts on this subject for you.
San Diego, CA
- Prev by Date: Re: Survey: Does Your Shop Do Any 3D Surfacing?
- Next by Date: Re: Survey: Does Your Shop Do Any 3D Surfacing?
- Previous by thread: Re: Case study HSMworks vs. Mastercam
- Next by thread: Re: Case study HSMworks vs. Mastercam