Re: Mechanical Aptitude Test

Anthony wrote:

I had a similar test in 1'st year biology in HS (a long time ago). Same
thing, read instructions...
The purpose of the test is to teach you to READ, UNDERSTAND, and FOLLOW THE
INSTRUCTIONS. It did for me. And that teacher became one of my best friends
and mentors, although I barely squeaked by in his class. (He taught a
difficult class.)

Anthony:

IMO, doing it in college isn't as bad as in the 9th grade, but I just
don't think it sends the right message for a teacher to "trick" the
students. If it's fair for the teacher to do it, then the students may
get the idea that it's fair to cheat on tests.
Real life will show the students soon enough that things and people are
not always what they seem.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

  • Re: Schedule/Class Management Database
    ... The Teacher overseeing it ... And the students that are going to read it. ... I need a database that is similar to the one microsoft has on ... Here are the instructions I got from a very nice person. ...
  • Re: Mechanical Aptitude Test
    ... And that teacher became one of my best friends ... If it's fair for the teacher to do it, then the students may ... Following instructions, btw, is part of why the Great Merkin Pubic has about 10,000 congressional dicks, and about 100,000 lobbyists dicks up their asses. ... Mark Spitz learned to swim in Hawaii, starting at age two, and began formal training in California at age six. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Mechanical Aptitude Test
    ... And that teacher became one of my best ... If it's fair for the teacher to do it, then the students may ... Following instructions, btw, is part of why the Great Merkin Pubic has about ... Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Mechanical Aptitude Test
    ... And that teacher became one of my best ... If it's fair for the teacher to do it, then the students may ... Following instructions, btw, is part of why the Great Merkin Pubic has about ... training in California at age six. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Mechanical Aptitude Test
    ... prospective students, or prospective employees. ... interesting lesson in math class on the very first day of school. ... The teacher collected the tests, ... instructions he'd pointed out when we'd first started. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)