Re: G41, some Qs

On Sat, 05 May 2007 19:42:13 -0400, Cliff <Clhuprich@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 04 May 2007 08:07:32 -0700, brewertr@xxxxxxx wrote:

On Fri, 04 May 2007 03:59:51 -0400, Cliff <Clhuprich@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:01:49 GMT, John <John@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Comp distance should always be greater than the value in the comp
register. On small intricate work you may want to comp in on both X & Y
as there is the possibility that the first actual cut on either axis
could be too short to fully apply comp.

Are you programming in the machine coordinate system like jb
probaby does <GAK>?

Thought question was about tool diameter/radius comp ... but
even then I don't recall if PV is using WSP or centerline programming ....

Still Clueless-Cliff I see. Doesn't matter what programming method is
used, WSP or Centerline Programming as John stated: the "Comp distance
should always be greater than the value in the comp register".

Note the "comp in on both X & Y".

Yep, and your still Clueless-Cliff, rule still applies.

Your ignorance of CNC programming is showing.

but do hope he's not using TomB Programming.

He's still alive and in business so we know he's not using your error
riddled Cliff-Code.

What do you put in those negative diameters? ODs?

Trolling yourself again I see. This is another reference to the thread
where you posted two lines of g-code with five mistakes in it.

--
Cliff

Tom
.