Re: If You Can't Beat Them, Sell Them Machine Tools

On Feb 16, 12:47 pm, "Bill" <kin...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 15, 9:33 pm, BottleBob <bottl...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Joe788 wrote:

I think it's great that Haas builds machines in the U.S., but if they
sell 7,000 Haas machines to China next year...

Joe:

Coincidentally, we've got a Haas production job in the shop right now.
But we're not picky, we've got a job making Fadal 4th axis tail stocks
currently as well. LOL

that's 7,000 machines
worth of work that won't be performed here in America. On the other
hand, I think it's safe to say that the Chinese would take our work
anyways, with or without Haas machines.

I wonder how long it will take for the Chinese to make a usable Haas
knock off machine. They're not dummies.

--
BottleBobhttp://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Tell us how you really feel guys! <g> My opinion is Haas is like
Mcdonald's. Consistent food (good or bad, you pick... I'm a
vegetarian) that many folks publicly hate but they still buy it. I do
find it a paradox that here's a US company that's exporting but is
beat up for doing so (the tax thing is a whole 'nother Opra...).
Perhaps it's that it's a product that can be used to create competing
products instead of consumer goods like tv's or electronics?

Haas is doing the right thing by exporting. Should Japanese people be
angry at their slew of machine tool manufacturers for exporting to
America and costing the Japanese hypothetical jobs? I think not.

The result of globalization is both beneficial in the real sense and
unsettling in the emotional sense. Compare this past decade with the
70s and you can see the benefits of globalization: unemployment rates
and interest rates consistently very low. The economy is humming
along. The flipside of it is that the increased competition is
resulting to people changing jobs/careers at a much higher rate and
they have a difficult time accepting the uncertainty.

Better get used to it. Capitalism mimics nature: survival of the
fittest.

.