Re: endmills pulling out of collets

Cliff wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 17:16:39 GMT, BottleBob <bottlbob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As a general rule I don't
use set-screw holders for any end mills smaller than .750", (unless
there is some overpowering reason to, for clearance reasons),

So your comments about roughing vs. finishing were ... ?

Cliff:

Pretty much on target. As I just said in another post, using the
correct speeds/feeds and doc, it's been my experience that small tools
seldom develop the extreme forces necessary for them to pull out of our
collets. The larger tools are the ones that have a greater probability
of pulling out. And the larger tools are much less sensitive to
slightly different chips loads per tooth.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

  • Re: endmills pulling out of collets
    ... use set-screw holders for any end mills smaller than .750", ... there is some overpowering reason to, for clearance reasons), ... So your comments about roughing vs. finishing were ... ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: endmills pulling out of collets
    ... there is some overpowering reason to, for clearance reasons), ... So your comments about roughing vs. finishing were ... ... So how do the forces vary with the diameter? ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: endmills pulling out of collets
    ... use set-screw holders for any end mills smaller than .750", ... there is some overpowering reason to, for clearance reasons), ... So your comments about roughing vs. finishing were ... ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: endmills pulling out of collets
    ... end mills and holders are of good quality but when you feed ... even 0.01mm runout is plenty. ... there is some overpowering reason to, for clearance reasons), and in the ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)