Re: Am I in the right place?
- From: Anthony <tonytn36sp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 01:50:28 GMT
"Steve B" <boozoochavez@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
Thanks. If it is the Cliff I am familiar with, I will not be adding
to his comments.
I am considering buying a CNC plasma cutter. Some names that have
come up are:
I have been looking at these, and some come with a table, and some
come with component parts, and you have to manufacture the
Insights, caveats, and heads up appreciated. I want to buy the best
value, and not necessarily just the highest price model.
Just from a machine building/purchasing standpoint, you should look at a
1. What is the cost addition of the table from the manufacturer?
2. What are your capabilities of fabrication of a table?
3. What are your capabilities of assembly, debug and checkout of the
equipment (including time required) that would need to be assembled, vs.
purchasing a turnkey, tested system?
4. If you do not have the capabilities to manufacture a suitable table,
what will be the cost to have this fabricated out of house?
5. What are the differences in the various software offered by each
6. What are the warranties from the various manufacturers?
a.) What are the service reputations of the various manufacturers?
b.) How far away is the nearest service technician and service
center from your location?
8. If you build your own table, and buy a component system, will the
manufacturer actually honor the warranty should you have problems, or
will they be blaming you for all problems in order to avoid warranty
You can't 'idiot proof' anything....every time you try, they just make
Remove sp to reply via email
- Prev by Date: Re: Mori Seki SL1 NC lathe programming
- Next by Date: Re: Survey: Which Side of the Spindle Centerline do Most CNC Lathes Cut?
- Previous by thread: Re: Am I in the right place?
- Next by thread: Re: Am I in the right place?