Re: impact wrench on machine vise?

Gunner wrote:
On 1 Apr 2006 22:09:59 -0800, "kurgan" <kgringioni@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Would it be OK to use an electric impact wrench on a run of the mill
Kurt machine vise or would the wrench damage the vise?

Blink blink..why would you do this? If the vise aint holding..you need
a bigger vise or smaller cuts

It would be faster to change the parts in and out of the vise. The vise
is holding.

Haven't tried it, but I've got this impact wrench and . . . .

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

  • Re: impact wrench on machine vise?
    ... Kurt machine vise or would the wrench damage the vise? ... Blink blink..why would you do this? ... If the vise aint holding..you need ... a bigger vise or smaller cuts ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • X-Y vise question (moved drill press to basement)
    ... I moved the powermatic 1150 drill press to the basement, ... This vise was sold by Harbor Freight and worked just fine ... vise (they expect a bigger vise). ... Drill mounting holes to fit this vise ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: impact wrench on machine vise?
    ... Kurt machine vise or would the wrench damage the vise? ... a bigger vise or smaller cuts ... Have you considered using an air powered vise? ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)