Re: New to CNC how do I calculate these points from the dimensions on this drawing?
- From: Randy Replogle <spamgoeshere1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:55:49 GMT
On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 07:49:08 GMT, shicks <stukndaweb1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm starting a machining course in the Fall, I wanted to get a basic
understanding of the various G and M codes that are used so I purchased
CNC Programming Handbook by Peter Smid. Using it and a free CNC
simulator I've taught myself what the different codes do, and can write
very simple programs. I can normally figure out the start and end point
of arcs along with the I and J parameters, but I'm stuck on one of the
I've figured points for the outside contour, I've checked that with the
simulation program. I can't figure out the points for the inside
pocket. I've tried using the formulas for the chord and tangent of a
circle, but I don't see enough information on the drawing to use either.
Could someone please look at the drawing and show me what I'm missing.
Are those drawings done with CAD? If so won't it tell you where the
tangent points are?
- Prev by Date: Re: Need some help...
- Next by Date: Re: Aluminium CNC Drilling, no tapping??
- Previous by thread: Re: New to CNC how do I calculate these points from the dimensions on this drawing?
- Next by thread: Re: New to CNC how do I calculate these points from the dimensions on this drawing?