Re: Diamond wheels, nightmare!

Cliff wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 01:33:17 GMT, BottleBob <bottlbob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

JS:

Well, I was obviously talking about surface grinding wheels, not small
2" dia. wheels. But, the process of using a rigidly driven external
grinding wheel might still be applicable.
Could you clamp your diamond wheel dresser to an angle plate to try and
dress the sides?

BB,
The wheel is probably right or was bent in shipping.
Check for other root causes.

Cliff:

If his problem is one of varying diamond thickness on the sides of the
wheels he could send them back to be dressed, or try to dress them
himself. Since it was a 10 day delivery he seems to be looking for a
way to dress them inhouse.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

  • Re: Abrasives 101
    ... I have a 5" grinder with coarse and fine GRAY wheels, I think that is Aluminum Oxide and is good for HSS. ... I read that Silicon Carbide is not indicated for ferrous material. ... I see BRICK RED stones, often used for wet grinding of wood cutting tools, usually finer that the GREEN stones. ... Or just google on grinding wheels, jeez, in ten seconds you should find everything you want. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Lathe Accy Grind Polish GBI Superfinisher
    ... It's very similar to that style, but with grinding wheels ... against the rotating workpiece drives the wheels. ... drive the grinding wheels in opposite directions. ... If anyone knows anything about these Superfinishers, ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: What type of "Grinding Bit" are these??
    ... google these phrases and you'll get a hatfull of pages. ... avoid using any kind of abrasive to open a hole where there isn't one ... Grinding wheels, or mounted wheels such as you're discussing, behave soft ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Diamond wheels, nightmare!
    ... Well, I was obviously talking about surface grinding wheels, not small ... Could you clamp your diamond wheel dresser to an angle plate to try and ... wheels he could send them back to be dressed, ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Pinging Harold & Susan
    ... dress diamond wheels on a surface grinder? ... about the wheels on a bench grinder. ... Can you dress them the same way? ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)