Re: Why Are there more CNC Mill machinists than Lathe machinists?
- From: clutch@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:51:08 -0500
>After interviewing a number of CNC machinist I have started to form an
>opinion. It seems like there are a disproportionately larger number of
>CNC mill machinists than lathe machinists.
I don't get that. Most of the parts where I work are round. Few are
square. When a mill is used it is to put in holes/threads, as in a
bolt pattern, in something round that was produced by a lathe that
doesn't have live tooling.
I suspect a mould maker wouldn't have a lot of lathes nor would a die
maker. But if your business is making things that spin, I bet you
have a lot of lathes and fewer mills.
- Prev by Date: Re: Equipment
- Next by Date: Re: Programmer needed - no mullets allowed!
- Previous by thread: Re: Why Are there more CNC Mill machinists than Lathe machinists?
- Next by thread: Re: Why Are there more CNC Mill machinists than Lathe machinists?