Re: Microscope vs. comparator

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 20:33:17 -0500, Kirk Gordon <kg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Protagonist wrote:
>> What is better for small radius and angle measurements on parts,
>> microscope or comparator?
>> All though used both in the past, found each has it's strength and
>> weakness.
>> Any low cost alternative, like pocket comparators, never used those?
>> Thx, Julius
>
> I hope I'll be excused for wearing my salesman's hat while posting in the group, but...
>
> You might take a look at http://www.gordon-eng.com/covis/covis.html

I was thinking of posting that myself (but considerd it overkill
compared to the question and cannot personally vouch anyway).

> The virtues of a microscope and a comparator combined, plus a great deal more.
>
> Apologies to those who object to self promotion; but it actually might answer the question

And is entirely on-topic per this NG's charter.
--
Cliff

  • Re: Microscope vs. comparator
    ... > What is better for small radius and angle measurements on parts, ... > microscope or comparator? ... You can't 'idiot proof' anything....every time you try, ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Microscope vs. comparator
    ... >> What is better for small radius and angle measurements on parts, ... >> microscope or comparator? ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Microscope vs. comparator
    ... All though used both in the past, found each has it's strength and weakness. ... Any low cost alternative, like pocket comparators, never used those? ... The virtues of a microscope and a comparator combined, ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Microscope vs. comparator
    ... >> What is better for small radius and angle ... measurements on parts, ... > The virtues of a microscope and a comparator ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Microscope vs. comparator