Re: What's the best program CAD-CAM ?

Scott wrote:
> "John R. Carroll" <jcarroll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>> But I see from their website that it seems capable of doing some
>>> trick stuff.
>>>
>>> http://www.tebis.com/
>>
>> It's absolutely great. You find it in the automotive shops in
>> Detroit, including mold and die shops, and all over western Europe.
>
> MasterCAM uses images of port cuting on their advertising bullshit,
> but try and get it to work.
>
> We did, and it has been a nightmare.
>
> We will be taking a very hard look at Tebis.

You'll like Tebis. The way to get MasterCam to do what you need is to buy
the ModuleWorks add in. I have it ported to another engine right now and
it's pretty slick. Not cheap though.
Even then MC is a little "iffy". Tebis has porting down to a science and
it's in their automotive bundle IIRC. The collision control is excellent.
The way the tool retracts looks like magic if you know what I mean. Sounds
like you might.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.

  • Re: Whats the best program CAD-CAM ?
    ... You find it in the automotive shops in ... >> We will be taking a very hard look at Tebis. ... We are tired of the MCAM dick in our ass as far as multiaxis is concerned, ... and go to a whole foreign GUI. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: CAD/CAD packages for lathe and mill
    ... All you have to do is read my LinkedIn group where Tebis employees and Tebis users discuss it. ... If you got something technical to say ill read it, but this silly constant smackdown on a cam product is non tolerable, besides, i dont even use mastercam. ... It took me 2 hours in help files to master pulling geometry off the solids. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Whats the best program CAD-CAM ?
    ... >> My experience is that NCL, UG, and Tebis, in that order, are the ... You find it in the automotive shops in Detroit, ... Machining Solution Software, Inc. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)