Alternate Mill Geometry?

The traditional Mill structure neeeds 80" of space for 40" of travel.

Are there any commercial machines that keep the work still and move
the spindle?

Do any of them come close to the precision of a traditional mill?

I want a CNC mill to put in my garage, but any traditional mill takes
up a lot of space.

Paul

  • Re: Alternate Mill Geometry?
    ... > The traditional Mill structure neeeds 80" of space for 40" of travel. ... > Are there any commercial machines that keep the work still and move ... you'd have to determine the precision for your needs. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)