Newbie question of the day

All,
I have a newbie question of the day. Has to due with the number of axis a
machine has. Now I understand and am using 1 through 4 AKA X,Y,Z,A but I
see machines listed with 5 or 8 even and thought I saw one listed with 15.

Nothing past 4 axis in the books I have, and Google has not been helpful
(unless I wanted to buy one).

Anyone know a source on this?

I do have a feeling that some of it is marketing fluff from the
manufactures.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

  • Re: Newbie question of the day
    ... >> I have a newbie question of the day. ... >> Nothing past 4 axis in the books I have, ... marketing fluff from the ... > x y z linear = a b c rotary, ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Newbie question of the day
    ... > I have a newbie question of the day. ... > Nothing past 4 axis in the books I have, and Google has not been helpful ... x y z linear = a b c rotary, ... And as parralell axises then x y z= u v w....again, ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Newbie question of the day
    ... >> I have a newbie question of the day. ... >> Nothing past 4 axis in the books I have, and Google has not been helpful ... >x y z linear = a b c rotary, ... >And as parralell axises then x y z= u v w....again, ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: "Alice Cooper Group" reunion?
    ... Give me the band that did 'Constrictor' any day:) ... Chris he used to play The Palladium somewhat regularly back in the ... Fight The AXIS OF SHEEPLE! ...
    (rec.music.artists.kiss)
  • Re: Sudoku solver: reduction + brute force
    ... the numbers (3rd axis) so that the first submatrix reads ... You can then always move blocks, columns and rows to fix the ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.python)