Re: Update: Which component is failing?

"alphonso" <alphamachine-nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Xns96BC8F8F93D9Calphonso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Update:
>
> Yesterday afternoon I found a useable hard drive in "the pile" which
> added to the current set up as a slave. Formatted it and installed the
> CNCCOM program, _and_ copied the stored part programs from the original
> hard drive, thus bypassing the [now] questionable drive.
>
> Fired up the dnc and ran okay until it reached the same place in the
> program that it stopped at on Saturday: block N36740.
>
> N36740 Y3.1862 Z-2.8096
> N36750 G0 Z.1
> N36760 G28 G40 G91 Z.0 M09
> N36770 G28 Y.0
> N36780 G90
> N36790 M05
> N36800 M01
> N36810 T01 (45/64 COBALT DRILL) M6
> N36820 G54
> N36830 G0 G90 X-3.872 Y.0 S550 M3
> N36840 G43 Z-.74 H01 T21
> N36850 G99 G81 Z-2.955 R-.074 F3.25 M8
> N36860 G80
> N36870 G0 G28 G40 G91 Z.0 M09
> N36880 G28 Y.0
> N36890 G90
> N36900 M30
>
> %
>
> At this point, the control alarmed out with "DR signal lost" and the
> cnccom program returned to it's menu page.
>
> Actions taken, in sequence:
>
> 1. Without touching any settings on machine or messing with cables,
> connections, etc, I set cnccom to feed the part program again. When it
> reached to point where the buffer is full, it over ran as it did
> Saturday.
>
> 2. Unplugged serial cable from machine and sent part program again. When
> the buffer filled, the dnc program paused as it is supposed to.
>
> 3. Plugged cable back in, sent part program again. When buffer filled,
> it over ran again.
>
> 4. Sent short program from machine to computer. Worked just fine.
>
> 5. Sent short program from computer to machine. Worked just fine.
> (This is good. I won't have to turn off control and start it again.
> Evidently, this sorts out some sort of communication problem between
> computer and machine.)
>
> 6. Set up to dnc part program. Buffer filled and dnc program paused as
> it should.
>
> 7. Started number search for N36810 from machine control panel. When the
> first 36810 was found, the dnc program paused and the block showed on the
> machine screen. Since there are 3 36810 blocks, I continued search. At
> the second 36810, the dnc program paused and that block showed on the
> machine screen. Continued search. Just about the time the program got
> to the desired 36810, the machine alarmed out and the dnc program went
> back to it's menu page.
>
> It appears to me that either CNCCOM has forgotten how to stop at the end
> of the program or something in the Fanuc control has decided that it
> doesn't like what the dnc is sending it for the program end.
>
> I am more baffled than ever because this part program has been running
> [...]

from your orginal post, wherein it worked after rebooting the Fanuc machine,
I would guess there's a problem with the Fanuc machine.., try a null serial
cable and drip to a dummy computer and monitor the results., at least you
could rule out the computer if you do that

****
shu

  • Re: Piper Altimatic II autopilots - some can be made to work!
    ... Both the pitch and roll servo motors have a bevel gear which ... The control cables push / pull the servo motors much like a throttle ... I flew an ILS using only the autopilot controls for ...
    (rec.aviation.owning)
  • Re: Multiple unit vs push-pull
    ... When two locomotives are coupled in multiple, jumper cables transmit control ... The system adopted was to multiplex the control signals and superimpose them on the existing train lighting control cables which used the Railway Clearing House style of connector between the coaches. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Multiple unit vs push-pull
    ... When two locomotives are coupled in multiple, jumper cables transmit control ... The system adopted was to multiplex the control signals and superimpose ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: iPod as an option...
    ... to learn to control the MacOS X firewall with any intelligence. ... Oh yes it is impossible for normal users to do so. ... (I'm talking about cables of the same type - obviously, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)