Re: Positional tolerance question

DJ Bjorklund wrote:

> In your typical "three place means +/-.005" situation is location
> tolerance about the CL a function of the OD, .875 in this case, thus
> +/-.005,...or even perhaps +/-.0025 ?

DJ:

I'm not sure it's safe to assume that a three place decimal is
automatically a tolerance of +/- .005, even IF it's very common. Our
satellite part prints call for +/- .002 on all three place dimensions,
we also have a medical customer that requires +/- .001 on three place
decimals, and then we have another customer that allows +/- .010 for
three place dims.
There doesn't seem to be any industry wide standard for this, or at
least none that everyone adheres to.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob