Re: Positional tolerance question

DJ Bjorklund wrote:

> In your typical "three place means +/-.005" situation is location
> tolerance about the CL a function of the OD, .875 in this case, thus
> +/-.005,...or even perhaps +/-.0025 ?

DJ:

I'm not sure it's safe to assume that a three place decimal is
automatically a tolerance of +/- .005, even IF it's very common. Our
satellite part prints call for +/- .002 on all three place dimensions,
we also have a medical customer that requires +/- .001 on three place
decimals, and then we have another customer that allows +/- .010 for
three place dims.
There doesn't seem to be any industry wide standard for this, or at
least none that everyone adheres to.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

  • Re: Floating point precision problem
    ... Or, more generally, using a comparison function that uses a relative error ... instead of an absolute one. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Freddie McGregor Locks It Down
    ... The reggae legend returns with a message of unity and tolerance ... Jah bless ... Prev by Date: ...
    (rec.music.reggae)
  • test
    ... Bureaucracy is a challenge to be overcome by a righteous attitude, tolerance for stupidity and a bulldozer when necessary. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (uk.test)
  • Re: WTB: Scared Stiff boob decal/cover for translite
    ... tolerance to the machine. ... Now how bout a paper bag mod? ... Prev by Date: ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Low temperature NIC chip
    ... Could anyone introduce me Ethernet controller chip with low temperature ... tolerance from -40 Deg Cel? ... Prev by Date: ...
    (sci.electronics.design)