Re: Z Overtravel - Fanuc 0i

"Greg" <not_here@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:JFXEe.3211$PL5.313451@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "PrecisionMachinisT" <precisionmachinist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "Greg" <not_here@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> Good day all,
> >> I have come in this morning to find I cannot move any axis on my
machine,
> > it
> >> appears Z has an over travel, although no alarm is present. The dog is
> >> approx 100mm above the limit switch.
> >> Is there an easy way to override? Machine is an Akira-Seiki 3 axis
> > machining
> >> centre, with a Fanuc 0i controller. I am new to Fanuc, this machine is
> > only
> >> a few weeks old.
> >> Please help.
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Greg.
> >>

> > In a pinch, you can always remove the cover, shut it down and then see
if
> > you can turn the ballscrew by hand...
> >
> > --
> >
> > SVL
> >
> Thanks for the reply.
> I found the problem - not related to overtravel as it turned out.
> In the process, I have managed to f*&k up the zero for 'x' axis, and
> possibly 'y'.
> Ant idea of the correct procedeure to rezero these axis? Using the ZRN,
'x'
> moves untill it is mechanically prevented from doing so (OVC thermal
alarm)
> 'y' appears to zero OK, but who knows if the position is correct, and 'z'
is
> fine.

Sorry, not familiar with the procedure for that particular
controller--perhaps someone else might chime in here.

--

SVL

  • Sunrise and Sunset Calculation
    ... etc) location on the earth. ... period, axis tilt, etc) might need to be updated for 2009. ... date June 14th as one of those times when there is zero error. ... orbit of the sun. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Minus Zero??? Yes indeedy....
    ... 4th axis, and am having a helluva time with this thing spinning the "wrong" ... Until I discovered Minus Zero. ... Stop Corruption in Congress & Send the Ultimate Message: ... Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way* ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Built-ins Versus User-defined
    ... I am quoting the manual, although paraphrasing might be a better term, since I have specialized to the case that the right argument is a vector with non zero length. ... First of all the in the second set of parentheses is obviously a typo; in fact it surely is a misplaced correction to the omission of in the similar definition of scan with axis on the next page, ... The LRM clearly states that the order of expression evaluation is always to apply next the rightmost function whose argumentis/are available. ... I don't have an IBM APL2 reference maunal ...
    (comp.lang.apl)
  • Re: Hamming window
    ... I'm having difficulty labelling and converting my x axis. ... This is also understood from sample rate 44100 divided by number of values ... The normal representation is from zero to fs/2 and from fs-fs/2 to fs ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: David Dryden - Searching All of Sequence Space
    ... sea level is above the zero of the y axis. ... After all, the exponential decay was the decay of a probability, while ... That is why he uses the 'islands of functionality' metaphor. ...
    (talk.origins)