rec's for bullet resistant semi-outdoor unit?
- From: danny burstein <dannyb@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 00:21:03 +0000 (UTC)
We've got a cul-de-sac with a half dozen homes, and
are interested in getting a high speed connection
and sharing it. Our local cable provider (Charter)
provides 30 meg at a price that would work out.
(most of the folk here are part timers so the speed
should be adequate when shared)
Placing a Linksys model mumble mumble five y/o in the
windowsill almost gets enough connectivity, so we figure
that putting it up on the roof would work out.
What we're looking for is a unit that's reliable and
can handle the multiple connections - possibly up to 50...
Bonus points for something that's powered by POE, so we
can run low voltage up there.
Prefarbly something intrinsically designed for outdoor use
with a professional enclosure. Alternatively we can
build a weatherproof box...
We realize this won't be fifty dollars...
Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
[to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]
- Prev by Date: Re: Where to buy Ubiquiti Nanobridge M2-18 Outdoor MIMO 2.4GHz 18DBI (NB-2G18)
- Next by Date: Re: rec's for bullet resistant semi-outdoor unit?
- Previous by thread: Where to buy Ubiquiti Nanobridge M2-18 Outdoor MIMO 2.4GHz 18DBI (NB-2G18)
- Next by thread: Re: rec's for bullet resistant semi-outdoor unit?