Re: Verizon sues FCC, says "net neutrality lite" rules illegal

On 1/21/2011 3:49 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article<Xns9E74998A26E3FVeebleFetzer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Bert Hyman<bert@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Net neutrality means having the government force the owners and
operators of the networks to operate them in a way other than the way
they, as the owners and operators, might choose to.

Why is it the role of The State to force these carriers to operate their
systems in ways that don't benefit them?
Actually it is worse because it also means that if I want to spend some
of my OWN money for faster or more expedited access I can't because
someone else may not be able to afford it.

That is the exact problem that the FCC ruling caused.

--

Rick Holbrook
Fargo, ND

Remember the USS Liberty