Re: The world sees my IP address (I read everything) Is there no better solution?

On 9/10/2010 4:13 PM, JoeSchmoe wrote:

- I don't fully understand how the ISP can be assigning multiple people
the same IP address shown to the outside world (the support guys said it
was just like my home NAT).

It would seem that your ISP likely has a small public IP address block so they are doing exactly the same thing (NAT) that your home router is doing. The support guy is telling you the truth.

The question (again):
- How can I change my IP address (what stone did I leave unturned)?

Other than a proxy there isn't any way to change the public IP address.
.